Chili Piper Account Executive of the Year Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO U.S. LEGAL RESIDENTS WITH A TITLE OF ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE OR EQUIVALENT.
The Chili Piper Account Executive of the Year Contest (“Contest”) opens October 21, 2019 at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) and closes November 12, 2019 at 11:59 pm PT (“Entry Period”).
Entry must include, by close of the Entry Period, (a) entry form; (b) written narrative describing one particular exceptional deal closed by the entrant in the past year; and (c) testimonials and/or supporting documents from at least one (1) representative of the buyer and one (1) team member at entrant’s company or buyer (collectively, “Supporters”). Winners will be selected based on evaluation of the top Account Executive’s role in closing an exceptional deal in the past year, under the judging criteria provided below.
The judging criteria are:
50% – Helpful to the Buyer: How the Account Executive was unusually helpful to the buyer to make the Deal happen. Being helpful to the buyer would include, for example, sending extra documents, being highly responsive to requests, etc. A representative of the buyer must provide a testimonial about the helpfulness to the buyer of the Account Executive in closing the Deal.
50% – Teamwork: How the Account Executive used teamwork and collaboration to align all the right resources, internal to the AE’s company and external, to make the Deal happen. An example of great teamwork would include, for example, bringing in the right expert at the right time. A representative of the entrant’s company must provide a testimonial about the teamwork of the Account Executive in closing the Deal.
1) Eligibility: Contest is open to persons who are legal residents of the U.S., 18 years of age or older, with a title of Account Executive or equivalent, at U.S. companies across all industries, disciplines and verticals, whose primary responsibilities are to gain net new business for their company. Chili Piper seeks to recognize Account Executives who achieved an exceptional and noteworthy deal that closed between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019 (the “Deal”). Employees of Chili Piper and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter and may not be Supporters or submit any testimonials and/or supporting documents on behalf of any entrant. Void where prohibited by law.
2) How To Enter: Persons who meet the above eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ae-of-the-year during the Entry Period to complete and submit the entry form. Entrants must provide their name, title, phone and work email address, and the name of their company. A complete entry must be submitted by entrant at https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Completed entry form. Must be submitted by entrant at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ae-of-the-year during the Entry Period. By submitting an entry and entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to and accepts these Official Rules.
- Written narrative by entrant describing entrant’s role in closing the Deal, which entrant believes shows that entrant merits the award, taking into account the judging criteria. Entrant must submit the written description of the Deal at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ae-of-the-year during the Entry Period.
- Testimonials and/or supporting documents from at least:
– one (1) representative of the buyer, in support of Helpful to the Buyer,
– one (1) team member at entrant’s company or buyer, in support of Teamwork,
for a total of at least two (2) submissions from Supporters during the Entry Period. Entrants who do not receive at least two (2) submissions from Supporters will not be considered further.
The URL for supporting entries is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/support-ae-of-the-year
Supporting documents may include relevant materials such as photos, news releases and articles, and other documents. Supporters may submit testimonials and/or supporting documents in support of more than one entrant.
By making any of the above submissions, including any attached materials, each entrant or other person represents and warrants that they believe the contents of their submission are true to the best of their knowledge, that they have the right to make the submission, and that in making the submission they do not breach any confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-competition, non-solicitation or other obligations or violate any intellectual property rights.
Should more than one (1) entry per person be received, Chili Piper reserves the right to void all such entries. Chili Piper is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, misidentified, illegible or garbled entries or submissions. Incomplete or untimely entries will not be accepted. Chili Piper’s clock is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
All entries become property of Chili Piper and will not be returned.
3) Selection of Winners; Qualified Judges: Eligible entries will be assessed by qualified judges based on the judging criteria in two phases:
Phase One: Top sales and marketing executives from Chili Piper will review the eligible entries and apply the judging criteria to select the top ten (10) entrants.
Phase Two: Independent qualified judges will review the top ten (10) entries selected in Phase One and apply the judging criteria to select the top three (3) entrants.
The independent qualified judges are the following national experts in sales:
Sahil Mansuri, CEO and Founder of Bravado, the largest network of salespeople in the world.
Kevin Dorsey, VP of Sales at PatientPop, InsideSales Top 10 Sales Leader, Sales Development Executive of the Year, Top 100 Sales Coach.
Mark Roberge, Managing Director at Stage2 Capital, Harvard Business School Professor, Former CRO of Hubspot, Author.
John Barrows, CEO John Barrows Sales Training, Author, Recognized Globally as a top sales trainer.
Tessa del Rio, Head of Sales – SMB New Business Acquisition at LinkedIn, Recognized sales leader.
In the event of a tie in evaluation of any entries, the judges will change the weighting of the judging criteria to 55% to the first judging criterion (Helpful to the Buyer) and 45% to the second judging criterion (Teamwork) to break the tie based on objective application of the judging criteria.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that the decisions of Chili Piper and the independent judges are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
4) Prizes: Three (3) prizes will be awarded.
1st Prize (Account Executive of the Year): $10,000 in cash, plus $3,000 credit to apply toward a Team Outing for up to 30 members of the Account Executive of the Year’s team. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $13,000.
2nd Prize: Round trip airfare for two (2) people between the United States and Paris. Travel must be completed by November 19, 2020. Booking must be made by Chili Piper’s revenue operations team. Prize is coach class round-trip airfare for two (2) on Chili Piper’s chosen airline between the closest major U.S. commercial airport to winner’s home, and Paris. Chili Piper reserves the right to structure travel route in its sole discretion. Travel subject to blackout dates and space availability. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary. ARV $1,988.
Actual retail value may vary depending upon point of departure, dates and fare fluctuations. Lodging in Paris is not included and is the sole responsibility of winner. Any item or expense incurred in connection with prize, which is not expressly included above, is the sole responsibility of winner. Without limitation, 2nd Prize does not include ground travel, lodging, meals, alcohol, taxes, tips, transfers, telephone calls, souvenirs, medical expenses, personal expenses, or other incidental expenses. All such items or expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Chili Piper is not responsible for travel delays, difficulty or risks. Any changes to travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of winner, if permitted in Chili Piper’s discretion. Chili Piper is not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining and traveling with valid identification and any other required documents (e.g., Passport, Credit Card).
Winner and guest will maintain behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with use of prize. Winner understands and agrees that if winner or guest is removed from use of prize for disruptive or inappropriate behavior, as determined by Chili Piper, winner may be required to forfeit all or the rest of the prize, with no substitution or compensation.
3rd Prize: One (1) Electric Scooter. Portable Folding Commuting Scooter for Adults with Double Braking System, Rear Suspension and App, as selected by Chili Piper in its discretion. Requires Bluetooth. Helmet and physical lock not included. No substitutions. ARV $429.
Total ARV of all prizes is $15,417.
All federal, state and local taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tax reporting required for 1st Prize and 2nd Prize winners. Chili Piper will file 1099s with the IRS. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that Chili Piper may substitute prize of equal or greater value due to prize availability.
5) Notification and Verification of Winners: Potential winners will be notified by the work email address provided in their entry. For winner verification, each potential winner must sign and return to Chili Piper a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9, Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. Failure to timely return these documents, or if a potential winner is unable to accept a prize for any reason, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected following the procedures outlined above. All prizes will be awarded. If confirmed, winners will be announced at a Chili Piper event during Dreamforce in San Francisco the evening of November 19, 2019. Winners need not be present to win.
As a further condition of winner verification for the 2nd Prize, the potential 2nd Prize winner must obtain from winner’s guest and return to Chili Piper, within forty-eight hours of notification, guest’s execution of a signed and notarized Liability and Publicity Release releasing Chili Piper and its respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) of all liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation personal injury or death, resulting from or relating to delivery, acceptance, possession or use of the 2nd Prize, and confirming that guest will hold Released Parties harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the prize; and where lawful, that Released Parties may use guest’s name, likeness and biographical information for publication, advertising and promotional purposes in any media without additional consideration, notification or permission.
7) Liability Release: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that Released Parties and the independent judges have no liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation personal injury or death, resulting from or relating to this Contest and that winner will hold Released Parties and the independent judges harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Contest.
By accepting any prize, each winner further agrees (i) that Released Parties and the independent judges have no liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation personal injury or death, resulting from or relating to delivery, acceptance, possession or use of any prize, and that winner will hold Released Parties and the independent judges harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the prizes; and (ii) where lawful, that Released Parties may use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, entry, voice and statements attributed to winner (if true), in announcing winners, on winner’s list, and for publication, advertising and promotional purposes in any media without further consideration, notification or permission.
8) Administration of Contest: Chili Piper is not responsible for any computer or human error or interference which compromises administration of the Contest. Chili Piper reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All decisions of Chili Piper are final and binding.
9) List of Winners: A list of winners will be posted at www.chilipiper.com/ae-of-the-year by December 31, 2019. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to 81 Prospect Street, New York, New York 11201.
10) Sponsor: The Account Executive of the Year Contest is sponsored by Chili Piper, Inc., 81 Prospect Street, New York, New York 11201.