Rich chocolatey mocha with a kick of cinnamon and spicy heat? Yes! This latin-inspired recipe will keep you warm, down to your toes, all through the chilly weather
- 6 ounces strong coffee or two shots of espresso
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener (I like Monk Fruit as it keeps afternoon crashes to a minimum)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-3 tablespoon of heavy cream (or Cashew/Coconut cream)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper or even better ½ teaspoon of Chili Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the coffee in a large mug, stir in the cocoa mix, until smooth. Then add cream to taste.